Teenagers

How have I gone so long without blogging about life with teenagers? It's fascinating and scary and confusing and fun. And sometimes there are bras just lying around the house and nail polish constantly on the kitchen table.
They say funny things and insightful things.
Stephen may not yet be a teenager but just the other night I was looking at a picture of our family and I mentioned how I thought I looked fat (not that I was fat, just that it was an unflattering picture- big difference) He said "maybe you're just standing by really skinny people." Touche. See? Funny and insightful.
I've noticed that many times raising teenagers can be confusing. I can say something one day and it's okay, but the next day, it can cause many, many tears.
You don't know this but I just took a break from writing this blog to go yell, I mean tell my kids to be quiet and to go to sleep. They argued with me and so they can no longer say another word the whole night. And yes, it's 9:25 so they'll only be up for another ten minutes or so but the peace that descends on our house when I use this punishment is so worth it. I have to use it sparingly though because I usually really do love to listen to my kids.
Back to teenagers. One of the biggest perks I've found is that my wardrobe has expanded to include the girls clothes. Of course that means that they get to wear my clothes as well but I'm okay with that. I just keep some of my "special" clothes un-borrow-able.
Also we watch lots of girlie movies and I paint their nails and help to figure out their skin problems.
However I hope that even though we have fun together, that they are learning that the most important role they will ever have is being a wife and mother. It's where I am most fulfilled and happy. I hope they understand that living the gospel is key to that happiness. Because my family is mine forever, I don't have to worry about the "what-if's" or accidents. I find so much peace in the covenants I have made.
Okay, so we are big Zac Efron fans. At least fans of his appropriate movies. Emily surprised us yesterday with a little celebration:
He stayed up there all during Star Wars which we watched last night and it's up there still. 
Emily and Anna really hope he had a great birthday...


Comments

i miss reading your blogs!! Love it Sarah. Makes me miss you So much.
Love you guys.
i miss reading your blogs!! Love it Sarah. Makes me miss you So much.
Love you guys.