Like Mother, Like Son

Joshua was in a play this week at school and played Papa Bear of the Three Little Bears. He was spectacular...I see a future stage presence in him. Maybe he's the next James Franco or something (I'm kidding of course cause James is just weird.). But Josh really did a great job and worked on his lines for weeks to get them memorized.
As a bear, he was able to wear a really cool bear hat that his mother-in-law (Mama Bears mother) made for him.
So I tried it on too cause I like bear hats.

Tomorrow is the beginning of our big week. 
Trevor and I are off the the Bahamas for a week of relaxing and doing whatever the heck we want. 
We're loaded up and anxious. I'm sure time is going to just fly right by and before we know it, we'll be back home and it will be snowing. Again. 
At least its spring. 
Today I spent some time and read my journal from way back when...so far back- 1998 to 2004. The entries were mostly few and far between but I loved reading them. However, I will be so embarrassed to have my posterity read them. I was a teenager in love with my boyfriend and then I was a teenager in love with my husband. It was all very proper but I was so dramatic about everything. 
I learned a little bit about myself while reading my words from so long ago. I knew then what love was and I knew how to love someone else. Luckily, I still know how to do that. Even luckier, I still feel that same way about Trevor now as I did then. Even more so...I'm just much, much more mature about it (no, seriously I am.). 
I also learned that I like the me now more than I thought I did. I don't ever want to go back to being 19 year old me again. I appreciate what a little age and wisdom can do to a person. 
And according to how I felt back then, Trevor is still just as wonderful now. Supportive, caring, sensitive, handsome, a hard worker, kind, wonderful and he still doesn't pick up after himself...
And now after that little ditty about us, we are off to bed to get some good sleep. We have a couple of long traveling days ahead of us...


Comments